- 2.5 HOUR EVENING PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
- MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 3 / MINIMUM GROUP SIZE: 3
- LOCATION: HEATHFIELD, EAST SUSSEX
- COST: £99
- DATE/TIME: THURSDAY 10 NOVEMBER / 7.00PM
This course is an introduction to creative world of off-camera flash in an urban location in Heathfield (East Sussex).
We will work in a small group of just 3 attendees with a lovely model who will have a couple of outfits changes to give some variation to your shots. Everyone wil get a good amount of time shooting with the model and I'm always on hand to help.
Firstly we will work with just one flash and in the second part we will add a second flash for even more creative effect. We will also be using various light modifiers to change the effect of the lights.
I use Cactus RF60 speedlight flash guns that are relatively small and lightweight and of course are really versatile due to being battery powered. These lights are paired with a radio trigger that we will fit to your camera and this will fire the flash guns remotely without the need for wires.
You will need a standard hotshoe fitting on your camera, if you are unsure please just ask.
- How to use off-camera flash
- Flash sync speeds and perfect exposure
- Best position for 1 light set up
- Best position for 2 light set up
- Posing a model
£99 per person
Photoclub Discount: Members of my current Photoclub courses can receive 10% discount with the code: Pc10Flash
This course can be purchased for yourself but it also makes an ideal gift. Please let me know when booking if it is a present so I can arrange for a gift voucher to be sent to you. There is no additional cost for a voucher but if you would like a presentation box for your voucher this can be arranged at a cost of £4.
Terms & Conditions
Any courses booked cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Any courses booked are non transferable.
For full terms and conditions please visit the T&Cs page
- 2.5 HOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
- TIME SHOTING WITH A MODEL
- TEA & COFFEE
- FOLLOW UP EMAIL TO ANSWER QUESTIONS
SUITABILITY & GROUP INFO
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ABILITY: ANY LEVEL WITH SLR OR CSC (MIRRORLESS)*
- FITNESS: N/A
- MINIMUM AGE: 18 (14 IF ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
- LANGUAGE COURSE IS CONDUCTED IN: ENGLISH
*This course is for any level of photography who wishes to learn the basics of off-camera flash whilst working with a model to get some great images. You must have either digital SLR or Mirrorless/Compact System Camera with a standard hotshoe fitting on your camera.
The course starts at 7.00pm at a location in Heathfield, East Sussex. This is an urban location and will use this to our advantage, using supplementary light from streets lights etc.
I will give a short talk at 7.00pm and talk and we will set up our cameras ready to shoot. This is also a chance to ask questions.
We will start shooting around 7.30pm with our model for the evening. We will work with just one light at first and the all three attendees will take turns shooting with the model.
Next we will add a second light and again all three attendees will take turns shooting with the model.
Hands on tuition and advice is given.
The course will finish at around 9.30pm.
These timings should make for some great light to use in conjunction with flash.
What will you need?
- A camera: a Digital SLR (DSLR) or Compact System Camera (CSC) such as the popular Fuji, Panasonic/Lumix and Olympus mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. Most of all you need a standard hotshoe attachment on your camera and the ability to use your camera completley manually, ie. settign ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed.
- A pen and pad to make some notes.
This course will be run at an outdoor location in Heathfield, East Sussex.
By car and by bus. The nearest mainline train station in Stonegate or Crowborough.