- 4 MONTH PHOTOSHOP COURSE
- LEVEL 1 (BEGINNERS)
- LOCATION: CROWBOROUGH, EAST SUSSEX
- GROUP SIZE: 4
- DATE/TIME: WEDNESDAY EVENINGS / 7.30PM
- 4X 2 HOURS LESSONS
- HOMEWORK TASKS
The course aims to give the participants knowledge of the essential parts of Photoshop which you will need as a photographer.
Photoshop is an incredibly complicated piece of software and it can be a bit baffling knowing where to start. We address this and everyone will finish knowing how to do key tasks in Adobe Photoshop.
The course is run over 4 months with 1x 2 hour session every month month. These will be held at my studio in Crowborough.
I will be setting homework which you have the month to complete, it won't be anything too stressful but will help the learning process. At the beginning of each session we will have a little re-cap on the last session and make sure everyone was okay with the homework. This is a good chance to ask questions if you have any.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate to say that you have attended the course and gained a good understanding of the essentials in Adobe Photoshop.
- MONTH 1: Understanding the Workspace and essential Tools and Panels.
- MONTH 2: Creating and editing documents, understanding resolution and file formats.
- MONTH 3: Working with adjustment layers and masks.
- MONTH 4: Working with the selection tools.
The course runs for 4 months (4 meetings) and they start at 7.30pm. The meetings are spent learning about a different essential areas of Adobe Photoshop. The meetings usually last about 2 hours.
- MONTH 1: Wednesday 13th September 2017
- MONTH 2: Wednesday 11th October 2017
- MONTH 3: Wednesday 15th November 2017
- MONTH 4: Wednesday 13th December 2017
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- A laptop (or desktop) computer with Adobe Photoshop installed.
- I think it's better to use a mouse instead of the trackpad for working in Photoshop.
- It would be good if you were to bring a pen and pad to make some notes.
- 4 PHOTOSHOP LESSONS
- COURSE NOTES
- HOMEWORK FOR A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF THE SESSIONS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION AND COMPETENCY
- TEA & COFFEE (AND BISCUITS IF YOU'RE LUCKY!)
SUITABILITY & GROUP INFO
- ABILITY: BEGINNER
- MINIMUM AGE: 18 (14 IF ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
- LANGUAGE COURSE IS CONDUCTED IN: ENGLISH
Andrew Newson Photography Courses
The Annex, 1 Brookfield Villas, Crowborough Hill,
Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 2E
The studio is just a 1 minute walk from Crowborough train station, which has direct links with London (London Bridge).
There is free parking in a carpark almost adjacent to the Railway Tavern pub and station entrance. The first spaces are short stay and the ones further in are long stay.
Walk out from the carpark and turn right, walk up the hill (Crowborough Hill) and look for a driveway on your right, immediately after the Animal Welfare Charity Shop. I am on the left at the end of the driveway.
This course can be purchased for yourself but it also makes an ideal gift. Please let me know when booking if it is a present so I can arrange for a gift voucher to be sent to you. There is no additional cost for a voucher but if you would like a presentation box for your voucher this can be arranged at a cost of £4.
Terms & Conditions
Any courses booked cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Any courses booked are non transferable.
For full terms and conditions please visit the T&Cs page
Q – Do I need to attend all meetings and complete all the assignments?
A – No you don't, but the more you can attend the more it will benefit both you and the group.
Q – How many people will be in the group?
A – Up to 4 individuals in the group.
I’m confident that I can help you improve your photoshop skills, but don’t take my word for it, read what my clients have said about my courses here on my testimonials page.