- 1 Day Portrait Photography Workshop
- Level: Beginners & Intermediates
- Location: Andrew Newson Photography Corses
- Group size: 4 People
- 10am - Talk by Andrew
- 11am - Shooting with model with tuition
- 1pm - Lunch
- 2pm - Shooting with model with tuition
- 4.30pm - Close
This course is an introduction to creative world of portraiture utilising both the beautiful qualities of natural light and basic off-camera flash.
We will work in a small group of just 4 attendees with a lovely model who will have a couple of outfits changes to give some variation to your shots. Everyone will get a good amount of time shooting with the model and I'm always on hand to help.
Firstly we will work with natural light and then introduce a reflector. We will then move on to using one off camera flash and then introduce a second. We will also be using various light modifiers to change the effect of the lights.
I use Godox AD200 flash guns that are relatively small and lightweight and of course are really versatile due to being battery powered. These lights are paired with a radio trigger that we will fit to your camera and this will fire the flash guns remotely without the need for wires.
You will need a standard hotshoe fitting on your camera, if you are unsure please just ask.
- Utilising natural light for beautiful portraits
- How to use off-camera flash
- Flash sync speeds and perfect exposure
- Best position for 1 light set up
- Best position for 2 light set up
- Posing a model
The course starts at 10.00am at my studio in Crowborough, East Sussex.
I will give a talk at 10.15am and we will set up our cameras ready to shoot. This is also a chance to ask questions.
We will start shooting around 11.00am with our model, Naomi. We will work first with natural light and then introduce a reflector. Later we will move on to using off camera flash, first with just one flash and then introducing a second. All four attendees will take turns shooting with the model.
Hands on tuition and advice is given.
The course will finish at around 4.30pm.
- 6.5 HOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
- TIME SHOTING WITH A MODEL
- TEA & COFFEE
- FOLLOW UP EMAIL TO ANSWER QUESTIONS
This workshop is for beginner-intermediate level photographers who wish to learn the basics of portraiture and off camera flash.
This workshop is for those who have a digital SLR or advanced CSC (Compact System Camera). Your camera must have a standard hotshoe for flash, if you are unsure please contact me first.
Booking can be done safely and securely through the website by purchasing above. Alternatively we can invoice you via email and payment can be made by bank transfer, please contact us if you would prefer this method.
If we shoot out on location, then the ability to walk around 1 mile and on uneven ground is required. We will be walking very slowly.
SUITABILITY & GROUP INFO
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ABILITY: Beginner-Intermediate with an SLR or CSC (Mirrorless)*
- FITNESS: If we shoot out on location, then the ability to walk around 1 mile and on uneven ground is required. We will be walking very slowly.
- MINIMUM AGE: 18 (14 if accompanied by an adult)
- LANGUAGE COURSE IS CONDUCTED IN: English
*This course is for beginner-intermediate level photographers who wish to learn the basics of portraiture and off-camera flash whilst working with a model to get some great images. You must have either digital SLR or Mirrorless/Compact System Camera with a standard hotshoe fitting on your camera.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- A camera (as above)
- A Fully charged battery and spare if you have one
- An empty memory card
- A pen and pad to make some notes
- Some money for lunch/drinks
The course starts at 10am at my studio in Crowborough, East Sussex.
By car, bus and train. The nearest mainline train station is Crowborough and is just a 1 minute walk from my studio.
This course can be purchased for yourself but it also makes an ideal gift. Please let me know when booking if it is a present so I can arrange for a gift voucher to be sent to you. There is no additional cost for a voucher.
Terms & Conditions
Any courses booked cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Any courses booked are non transferable.
For full terms and conditions please visit the T&Cs page