- MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 10 / MINIMUM GROUP SIZE: 5
- DIY OR FULLY INCLUSIVE
- SINGLE AND DOUBLE/TWIN ROOMS AVAILABLE
- COST: FULLY INCLUSIVE - SINGLE FROM £463 / DOUBLE FROM £914 / DIY £250
- DEPOSIT OPTION AVAILABLE
- ARRIVE: MONDAY 26 MARCH / DEPART: THURSDAY 29 MARCH
Our popular Landscape Photography Holiday in the Lake District is back. If you haven't visited the Lakes before I promise you will be blown away by the scenery. It is a truly stunning part of the country and I love being able to show a group around parts of it, helping them capture amazing landscape photographs.
** Powe House is now fully booked but we can find you alternative accommodation or you can book your own **
The trip will be a 3 night stay with two days of photography walks. It's a fun and social way to explore a very beautiful corner of England and for those that require it, photography tuition is on hand when you need it.
We have two options for this holiday; DIY or Fully Inclusive. DIY is £250 and this is for the walks only, you will make you own accommodation arrangements etc. Fully Inclusive includes meals and your accommodation at Powe House in Portinscale. The cost will vary depending on which room you choose and if it is single or double occupancy. Before making your booking you can see all the rooms on the Powe House website, you won't be disappointed though which ever one you choose. Full details of what DIY and Fully Inclusive includes are listed further down this page.
My style of teaching is relaxed and I will not be looking over your shoulder every two minutes to make sure you're doing it right. I give you space to be creative and enjoy your photography, but should you need me then I am on hand to help you achieve the shots you want. If you don't want or need any tuition at all, then that is fine too.
I try not to specify the walks we will do beforehand as it depends on the group and their capabilities and also the weather. You can pick and choose which walks you attend, but I will try and make the walks suitable for everyone where possible.
We have two price options available for this trip.
1) Fully Inclulsive includes:
- 3 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION AT POWE HOUSE
- BREAKFAST AT POWE HOUSE
- PACKED LUNCH FOR 1 DAY (TUE)
- CAFE LUNCH FOR 2 DAY (WED)
- EVENING MEAL AT LOCAL PUB/RESTAURANT FOR 3 DAYS (MON, TUE & WED)
- TRAVEL TO AND FROM DINNER INCL (TAXIS)
- 2 FULL DAYS OF PHOTOGRAPHY WALKS WITH TUITION
- OPTION FOR A DAWN SHOOT AT DERWENT WATER
- SLIDESHOW AND IMAGE REVIEW
**If you wish to come with a non photography partner please use the code PARTNER when purchasing a double room for a £150 discount.**
2) DIY. This option is for the walks and review only. You will need to book your own accommodation and bring your own lunch. You can of course join us for the evening meals if you want to but you will need to make your own way there and pay separately. If you prefer you can select the DIY option
SUITABILITY & GROUP INFO
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ABILITY: ALL LEVELS OF PHOTOGRAPHER
- FITNESS: A REASONABLE LEVEL OF FITNESS IS REQUIRED*
- MINIMUM AGE: 18 (14 IF ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
- LANGUAGE COURSE IS CONDUCTED IN: ENGLISH
*A reasonable level of fitness is required as we will be walking up some big hills and possibly mountains. If you can walk a distance of around 5-6 miles fairly comfortably then I would say you would be fine. We do take things quite slowly as we will be stopping to take photographs. If you are unsure please feel free to contact me to have a chat.
The days will be structured according to the weather, but will run something like this.
ARRIVAL AND EVENING MEAL
We will arrive at Powe House in the afternoon. We will meet in the lounge at 7.00pm for a glass of bubbly before heading out to the local pub/restaurant for dinner.
For those that want to take advantage of the best light, we will head out for a dawn shoot at the beautiful Derwent Water.
Breakfast at Powe House.
After breakfast we will head out for a photowalk.
We will take a pack lunch with us. After the walk we will aim to make a stop at a cafe for some tea and cake.
We will return to Powe House to freshen up and then head out to dinner.
Breakfast at Powe house
After breakfast we will head out for a photowalk at 9.30am. The walk will continue until about 12pm at which point we will stop for lunch at a cafe. After lunch we will return to Powe House and download our images for the slideshow later.
SLIDESHOW IMAGE REVIEW
At 6.00pm we will be running a slideshow of everyone's images at Powe House before we go out for dinner. Everyone will be asked to download and edit their images and supply up to 20 images each for the slideshow.
We will head out to dinner at 8.30pm.
Breakfast at Powe House.
CHECKOUT AND DEPARTURE
Checkout time is 10.30am.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP
If you want to extend the trip you can. We can put you in touch with the B&B and you can arrange that direct with them.
Powe House is situated in Porinscale near Keswick in the north of the Lake District in Cumbria, UK.
Insert map here.
Unfortunately there are no direct rail link to Portinscale or Keswick so traveling by car is preferred. If you do not drive it is worth checking with us to see if someone is passing near to you and and pick you up.
We have a selection of single occupancy and double occupancy rooms. If you have been before you can now select which room you want and this is reflected in the price. (You can check the rooms out at www.powehouse.com)
If you're not familiar with the wonderful Lake District, then this paragraph from Lonely Planet should give you an idea...
"If you're a lover of the great outdoors, the Lake District is one corner of England where you'll want to linger. This sweeping panorama of slate-capped fells, craggy hilltops, misty mountain tarns and glittering lakes has been pulling in the crowds ever since the Romantics pitched up in the early 19th century, and it remains one of the country's most popular beauty spots. Literary sights abound, from Wordsworth's boyhood school to the lavish country estate of John Ruskin at Brantwood, and there are enough hilltop trails, hidden pubs and country hotels to fill a lifetime of visits."
Source: Lonely Planet
THE FINER DETAIL
- Your accommodation at the fabulous Powe House for 3 nights.
- Breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning.
(cereals, toast, cooked breakfast etc)
- Packed lunch Tuesday and cafe lunch on Wednesday
- Afternoon cake stop on Tuesday
- Dinner Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. Main meal only, not drink. If you wish to have a starter or a pudding (or both!) you can of course purchase these yourselves along with any drinks you want. We will go in to Keswick couple of times (taxi fees also included) maybe try out the Indian, and the goulash in the Dog and Gun and one other place, again we will discuss this with group and make sure everyone is happy with the venue.
- 2 days of walks with photographic tuition on hand.
- If you wish to come with a non photography partner please use the code PARTNER when purchasing a double room for a £150 discount, they will get all of the above.
- Alternatively if selecting the deposit option please add a note at the check out and we will send you an invoice for the balance minus £150 which will be due one month before the trip.
If you wish to make a firm commitment you can do so by paying a deposit to secure your place for the trip. This is £50 for a single occupancy and £100 for a double. The balance will then be required no later than 26 FEBRUARY 2018.