- 1 DAY LIGHTROOM COURSE
- LEVEL 1 (BEGINNERS-INTERMEDIATE)
- LOCATION: CROWBOROUGH, EAST SUSSEX
- GROUP SIZE: 6
- DATE/TIME: FRIDAY DAYTIME / 9.30AM
- 6 HOUR COURSE PLUS BREAKS
The course aims to give the participants knowledge of the essential parts of Adobe Lightroom which you will need as a photographer.
Lightroom is a fantastic piece of software but there are elements of it that can be a bit baffling. We address this and everyone will finish knowing how to do key tasks in Adobe Lightroom, including organising their photos and processing images to a high standard.
The course is run on one day and consists of 4x 1.5 hour sessions with breaks in between. This course is held at my studio in Crowborough, East Sussex.
You will follow me whilst I complete tasks in Lightroom on a large projector screen.
At the end of the course I will be setting some homework which you have one month to complete, it won't be anything too stressful but will help the learning process. You will submit this to me by email and will also have the option of a 30 minute phone or Skype call to discuss any concerns.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate to say that you have attended the course and gained a good understanding of the essentials in Adobe Lightroom.
In the course we will do a complete overview of the Library and Develop modules. We will learn how to manage our image files with Importing and Exporting. Learn how to create and use presets to speed up our workflow. Learn about all of the Tools in the Develop module and learn how to process our photographs in both colour and black and white.
- PART 1: File Management: Understanding Importing & Exporting
- PART 2: Overview of the Library module
- PART 3: Understanding the Tools in the Develop module
- PART 4: Image editing in the Develop Mode
The course runs on one day and starts at 9.30am. The day will include approximately 6 hours tuition with breaks in between.
- Friday 4th May 2018
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- A laptop (or desktop) computer with Adobe Lightroom Classic installed.
- I think it's better to use a mouse instead of the trackpad for working in Lightroom.
- It would be good if you were to bring a pen and pad to make some notes.
- FULL DAY OF TUITION IN ADOBE LIGHTROOM
- COURSE NOTES - MY OWN LIGHTROOM BOOK FOR YOU TO KEEP
- HOMEWORK FOR A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF THE SESSIONS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION AND COMPETENCY
- TEA & COFFEE (AND BISCUITS IF YOU'RE LUCKY!)
SUITABILITY & GROUP INFO
- ABILITY: BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE
- MINIMUM AGE: 18 (14 IF ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
- LANGUAGE COURSE IS CONDUCTED IN: ENGLISH
Andrew Newson Photography Courses
The Annex, 1 Brookfield Villas, Crowborough Hill,
Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 2E
The studio is just a 1 minute walk from Crowborough train station, which has direct links with London (London Bridge). The course times are scheduled to work well with train times.
There is free parking in a carpark almost adjacent to the Railway Tavern pub and station entrance. The first spaces are short stay and the ones further in are long stay.
Walk out from the carpark and turn right, walk up the hill (Crowborough Hill) and look for a driveway on your right, immediately after the Animal Welfare Charity Shop. I am on the left at the end of the driveway.
This course can be purchased for yourself but it also makes an ideal gift. Please let me know when booking if it is a present so I can arrange for a gift voucher to be sent to you. There is no additional cost for a voucher.
Terms & Conditions
Any courses booked cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Any courses booked are non transferable.
For full terms and conditions please visit the T&Cs page
Q – How many people will be in the group?
A – Up to 6 individuals in the group.
I’m confident that I can help you improve your Lightroom skills, but don’t take my word for it, read what my clients have said about my courses here on my testimonials page.